Millions and millions of people commute to work every day. To some extent, they are trapped in their car as they drive along busy highways and are forced to see whatever is at the roadside. Of course, billboards are out there for people to see and your portable billboard can be one of those displays just as easily as a fixed roadside billboard.
The Arbitron National In-Car Study, 2009 edition provides some convincing detail on why billboards are still an effective method of advertising.
The study reveals:
- 71% of us “often look at the messages on roadside billboards (traditional and digital combined) and
- 37% report looking at an outdoor ad each or most of the time they pass one.”
- 58% Learned about an event they were interested in attending
- 58% Learned about a restaurant they later visited
- 56% Talked about something funny they saw on a roadside billboard
- 44% Were reminded to tune into a radio station (44%)
- 26% Noted a phone number or Web site address
Further research shows:
- 72% of billboard viewers frequently or sometimes shop on their way home from work
- 68% frequently or sometimes make their shopping decisions while in the car
- 38% make the decision to stop at the store while on their way home
- 24% say they were motivated to visit a particular store that day because of an outdoor ad message
- 32% visited the retailer they saw on a billboard later that week
- 50% reported receiving directional information from a billboard
- 24% said they have immediately visited a business because of an outdoor ad message
Visions Outdoor has a program that can help you enhance your current marketing program with portable outdoor billboards.